Monday 4 July 2011

Real or Fake?

I freely admit I have an obsession with designer furniture, in particular chairs. However, they are often way out of my meagre budget and I spend forever saving various cheques from generous family members ready for the time when they are on sale.

I'm a true believer in investing in originals, even when my husband can't understand what the difference is between the real one and the copy. But as you start to decorate a house you realise how much even a couple of chairs can add up and how many other things you have to pay for like broken boilers or a leaking roof. I'm not saying I will definitely go out and buy copies, even if they are every good, but I just wanted to point out they are out there.

Bluesuntree apparently make very good reproductions of design classics at a fraction of the price. From the Eames DSW chairs to the Hang it all coat rack they stock pretty much of the classics and many other designs. I am particularly tempted by the marble topped tulip side table, at £150 it's a snip compared to the original, well they do say imitation is the best form of flattery!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...