Monday 10 January 2011

Happy New Year!

I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and wonderful New Year. My husband and I spent New Years in London with friends which was fairly civilised until we went to bed at about 4.30am. We slept until one in the afternoon the next day, I haven't done that since I was a student. Maybe I'm not getting old yet then!

Apologies for it being so long since my last blog, Christmas and New years kind of took over. I have also just started one of my new years resolutions - getting fit! I am now a fully fledged member of a gym and even have a plan of action from a instructor that gets reviewed every 6 weeks. I went through the whole embarrassing process of being weighed, but not on your average scales oh no! This contraption told them my BMI, my skeletal muscle and fat percentages. I was average on most apart from my skeletal muscle which is apparently the muscle around your bones, so they have developed a routine that should increase this. So I know have written evidence that I'm a weakling, oh well! Completed my first week last week and feel very proud of myself, as well as doing the suggested sessions I've joined a Body Balance class (think a cross between Pilates, Yoga and Thai Chi) and done a few swimming sessions. I just need to keep it up which is always the hard part.

One of my other resolutions is to see friends more this year. I don't think this will be difficult as I will have a 30th party to go to every month for the next six or seven months!

I'm also trying to stop biting my nails as a resolution but that's not going too well at the moment, maybe I should just get some fake ones and have done with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...