Friday 1 October 2010

Orla Keily

High up on my wishlist at the moment is Orla Kiely's book on Pattern, which gives readers an insight into her creative process. As a lover of all things Orla is would make a great addition to my design book collection, and a great source of inspiration.

Another book I find really useful for inspiration is the Print Pattern book, released earlier this year it is the creation of Bowie Style the author of the Print Pattern Blog. As a graphic designer herself she has created a blog that covers all aspects of pattern design, from wallpaper, cards, textiles, and ceramics. I can't enthuse enough about how useful this site is for sparking off ideas. She is apparently in the process of creating a second book, that will definitely have to go on my Christmas list.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...